Never before shown images from an on-going body of work started in 2011.
- 10 year long on-going project
- Genesis NFT drop
- First time these images are being shown publicly
- First time available to purchase
- First 3 collectors will receive an exclusive, airdropped NFT
- Initial collectors of the genesis drop will always have early access and unique value
- I will consult collectors to discover future value building opportunities
Initial sales proceeds:
- 50% reinvested in other NFT photography projects
- 50% to support future projects, pay taxes, and fees
The series centers on the ephemeral, cyclical, and ceaseless qualities of life.
Life is ephemeral.
A precise, delicate balance of criteria is required for life to exist and persist. In the cosmic context, life as we know it is profoundly brief. On the individual level, life is nearly consequential relative to the universe’s existence.
Life is cyclical.
From the macro to the micro, life repeats, reflects, and rhymes. Cosmic rotations, seasons, days. Organisms, communities, societies, species. Sociological and psychological trends rhyme. Over, and over, and over.
Life is ceaseless.
Ephemeral phases beget ephemeral phases in seemingly unending cycles. Sequential cycles layered infinitely. Each cycle bleeding into the next. Ephemeral at the micro while ceaseless on the macro. Despite its ephemeral characteristics, life is resilient. It is both beautiful and terrifying in its ceaselessness.
The ephemeral, cyclical and, ceaseless results in the sacred.
Releasing this series as NFTs is both ironic and the most fitting. The immutability, network effects, and game theory of the Ethereum blockchain give the body of work the greatest chance of transcending natural cycles of death and rebirth.
Pending a cataclysmic technological event, the body of work has the potential to outlive the human race. In so doing, the NFT medium both contradicts the project’s concept while also affirming it. The blockchain is transcendental.
Portrait by Travis Young
Jonathan is a photographer, designer, and futurist based in USA.